If you are looking for a very profiled target, with low-penetration, therefore you want to find a niche audience, the acquisition of survey respondents from CAWI panels and platforms, would be very difficult (for us or for you). Social media is the way to go. To broaden our offer and enhance the most off-limits research studies, we have developed CubeSurvey, a recruiting system to acquire respondents quickly and clearly.
Get survey respondents on social media
In order to find impossible respondents – representative or not – we choose to rely on inbound techniques on social media. Our project managers are working alongside experienced social media managers. We can sum up the whole process in 4 steps:
- Project manager and social media manager analyze the definition of the target group and the market research questionnaire; using this data, they define the respondent profile;
- Social media manager identifies the social network where the respondents are active. Usually, they’re Facebook and Twitter for B2C projects, and LinkedIn for B2B projects;
- Social media manager creates a sponsored post (for instance by using Facebook ads), that will only appear to users of the social media that respond to the characteristics of the profile previously identified (segmentation of the target group through social media tools). This post “outlines” the design of the study and instill transparency and trust before the actual interview, because they can also search for information about the client;
- The respondents, who want to be interviewed, click on it and insert their data to be contacted by phone for a CATI interview. In case of a CAWI research, respondents can directly access to the questionnaire.
CubeSurvey is applicable for any method, therefore it supports both quantitative and qualitative research for either pure recruitment and for recruitment + interview.
The possibilities of profiling are endless. In particular, Facebook offers a wide range of options for demographics, interests, behaviors and other categories with related exclusion filters to define the audience research. Chronology is very important: as soon as respondents insert their personal data on the landing page, we immediately start the CATI interviews and data collection. In case of a CAWI interview, the respondent can immediately start answering the questions, since our system also allows mobile devices.
Benefits of social sampling
The possibility of identifying a target group that would be impossible to find, is the main advantage. The sample is hard to reach, below we list a number of good reasons why to choose the CubeSurvey method:
- One third of the world’s population has a social media profile;
- The percentage of participation to “conventional” surveys consistently decreases;
- Rewards are no longer needed because they’re willing to participate;
- The response rate is favored by the extreme availability of respondents;
- The cost of the recruitment is lower because the target group is specifically addressed.