If you are looking for a very specific target, i.e. a niche audience, getting survey respondents from CAWI platforms will be difficult. Therefore, social media is the way to go. To broaden our offers and enhance the most ‘off-limit’ research studies, we have developed CubeSurvey, a system used to acquire respondents quickly and seamlessly.
Get survey respondents on social media
In order to find impossible respondents – representative or not – we choose to rely on inbound techniques on social media. Our project managers are working alongside experienced social media managers. We can sum up the whole process in 4 steps:
- Project Manager and Social Media Manager analyse the definition of the target group and the market research questionnaire. Using this data, they define the respondent profile.
- Social Media Manager identifies the social network where the respondents are active. Usually, this is Facebook and Twitter for B2C projects, and LinkedIn for B2B projects;
- Social Media Manager creates a sponsored post (such as using Facebook ads, for example), which will only appear to the users of the social media platform that best corresponds to the previously established respondent profile. This post outlines the design of the study and introduces transparency and trust before the actual interview, since respondents can also look up information about the client;
- The respondents who wish to be interviewed click on the post and enter their details so that they can be contacted by phone for a CATI interview. In the case of CAWI research, respondents can access the questionnaire directly.
CubeSurvey supports both quantitative and qualitative research, presenting a platform either purely for respondent recruitment or both respondent recruitment and interviewing.
The possibilities of profiling are endless. In particular, Facebook offers a wide range of options for demographics, interests, behavioural tendencies and more, while also allowing exclusion filters to more precisely define the target audience for the study.
Timelines are very important. As soon as respondents insert their details on the landing page, we immediately begin the CATI interviews and data collection. In the case of CAWI interviews, respondents can start answering the questionnaire wherever they may be, since our system is compatible with mobile devices.
Benefits of social sampling
The possibility of identifying a target group that otherwise be close-to-impossible to find – this is the main advantage. More advantages of the CubeSurvey method include:
- More than one third of the global population has a social media profile
- The participation rate of conventional research studies is steadily decreasing
- Incentives are no longer needed because the respondents are willing to participate
- The response rate benefits from the extreme availability of the respondents
- The cost of recruitment is lower because the target group is specifically addressed.